Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Sunday Market In Gloria



Every blog has it's first post so let's start off this one on a mellow Sunday style tip. I'll crank it up a few notches after I finish tightening this thing up and settling into my new spot. So, without further delay....a stroll through the Sunday market in Gloria, near my home in Santa Teresa, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Note the variety of fresh peppers, tropical fruits, fresh seafood and, of course, bananas. (love the little girl peeping the live crabs around the 1:02 mark!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yum!!

I had forgotten all about Bebel Gilberto, too. Just put Bananera on my shopping list with the Hand Clapping Song!!

tee cardaci said...

right on! i used bebel's version of this track because it suited the mood of the video best but my favorite version of that song is by Emilio Santiago. It's a funky '70s take with tight, crisp drums. yummy indeed!

[the Emilio Santiago version of 'Bananera' can now be heard on the 'Eu ♥ Brasil!' mix i posted on 7/18/08...it comes a little after the 16 minute mark.]